To participate, you may either post a contribution to an existing discussion by selecting the thread for that topic (and then click on "Post Reply") or start a new thread by clicking on "New Topic" below.
The transition to Stage 2 of the deliberations is currently underway but will take some time to complete. In the meantime, we very much welcome additional contributions to the existing threads in this forum.
For instructions on how to follow a discussion thread by email, click here.
- Last post
Substantive Dimensions of the Deliberations
What should we talk about?
On this section of the QTD Discussion Board, we invite comments about and discussion of the QTD's substantive agenda. You can contribute to this agenda in a variety of ways, for instance, by:
- raising questions about transparency that are in need of further discussion;
- pointing to salient differences across forms of qualitative research that might affect the meaning or practice of transparency;
- identifying trade-offs, risks, or dilemmas that scholars pursuing transparency in qualitative research might confront;
- identifying ways in which qualitative researchers could or should be more transparent;
- highlighting current or proposed transparency practices that merit consideration or require evaluation;
- voicing concerns and considerations about research transparency that you believe political scientists should systematically address;
- identifying resources that could help inform deliberations over qualitative research transparency.
The comments and discussions that unfold on this site will directly inform the QTD Steering Committee's decisions about how the Working Groups' substantive foci should be defined and about overarching questions that the process as a whole should address.
Re: [From Steering Committee]…
by Bill Kelleher View the latest post
Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:25 pm
The Deliberative Process
How should we deliberate?
On this section of the QTD Discussion Board, we invite comments about the QTD process.
A broad outline of the QTD deliberative process can be found here. In turning this general blueprint into a concrete process, however, many operational details must be worked out. We welcome here suggestions about and discussion of how the QTD process should unfold.
by Guest View the latest post
Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:51 am